Part 1 - 6' MR- From start to finish


The few surfs I've had on my 5'5" twinny have been amazing, really good but I need an all round board for surfing any decent swells over 3 foot.
I made this template up on AKU shaper (with a little help from Jimo), its taken from a MR Super Twin but I've just reduced the width and pinched it in in a few places. Its gonna be 6' x 19 1/2" x 2 3/8" with fairly hard performance rails, single to double concaves into a Vee in the last few inches of the tail. Its going to have Lokbox RSC twin fins with a trailing fin.

I've heard alot about these MR shapes, the people I know that have one really rate them but for me its a matter of finding a good balance of modern day performance without loosing that really nice twinny feel.

Work starts tomorrow!

No comments: