Part 4 - 6' MR - Instaling the fin boxes


Pretty happy with how the laminating went, I've sanded down the laps and I've just installed the fin boxes.
I'm going to use Lokbox RSC side fins with a RS2 trailer. I marked out the fin box placement and to be honest it looks pretty strange, very clumped together compared to thrusters but everything I have been told and I've read says thats just how they are supposed to look so I'm just going to run with that.
I've added 3/16" toe and 5 degrees cant.

A while ago I decided that the Lokbox system was the way to go and invested in the Lokbox jig. The big selling point for me was being able to move your fin placement forward or back which makes a huge difference to how the board rides. The fin boxs are really strong which means they wont get ripped out like FCS plugs.

No comments: