Part 5 - 6' MR - Hot coat


Got up fairly early and decided to do the bottom hot coat before taking the dog out etc.
Well I guess it was a little too early and I wasn't really thinking straight when I mixed up the Cat and resin and smacked the hot coat on went back inside to have my breakfast. Sat there eating my Crunchy Nut I was sure their was something wrong.....I forgot to add the wax in Styrene!!!!
I chucked my shitty clothes back on ran into the garage, checked to see if it had kicked and it was still wet so I just dumped a load of Acetone on it and ragged it off.
I only had 600ml of Iso left so I had to drive all the way down to Seabase to pick up another Kg to redo the hot coat, got back and put the hot coat on again with no probs.

While I was down Seabase I couldnt help but pick up another blank, its a 6'2" Parabolic shortboard blank, best thing about it was it only cost £19.90! Happy days!!
Dunno what I'm gonna do with it though, I'm not really bothered about surfing thruster shortboards anymore so this may be a new board for my nephew.

No comments: